Monday, May 11, 2009

"Sea Socks"











Last Tuesday Heidi and I left on our "Jammie's going to learn to knit socks" cruise. We flew from SLC to Vancouver where we boarded "The Golden Princess." It took us a REALLY long time to get thru customs and an even LONGER time wait in line for a "swine flu" check. But all the pain was worth it.

Stepping aboard that boat was like being transported to another world. A world where no one needed me to do anything for them. A world of no stress...a magical place of beauty, where delicious food appeared out of no where. You all know how up tight I am. The constantly anxiety in my life. This cruise was so peaceful that I COULD NOT worry about anything.


Truth be told, I got very little knitting done. I was hoping to knit a whole sock, but didn't get that far. I was just too relaxed to care :o)

It rained for most of our trip. Which was really kinda nice. It gave a me a cozy feeling to bundle up in my favorite hoody and sit at the back of the boat to watch the Inside Passage slide by. Alaska was cold, but beautiful. Being a Utah girl, it always surprises me to see how dense a forest can be.


Ketchikan was very pretty and a fun place to hang out. We did a lot of shopping, mostly in the Mission Street Arts & Fiber store. :o)

So, now that I've been on a cruise, I might be addicted. :o) The whole trip was simply amazing. :o)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey. Nice. Kent and I have been thinking about going on a cruise next year to celebrate graduation. I doubt we'll be able to afford it, so we'll see.

I'm glad you had a good time. It sounds wonderful.

shelley said...

ooooh, how nice ;) nice for no anxiety for even just a short bit! never heard of a 'knitting cruise', but i guess they have all kinds! thanks for sharing. Alaska is beautiful... I saw Fairbanks a few years back. Love the green!

Jeanie said...

Awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed having that stress-free time :)

I hope you'll post pics of the sock when it's finished!

Jill said...

I am soooo jealous. A cruise without kids sounds great. I'm glad you had a good time and I would love to see a picture of your socks once they are done.