Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer Saturdays


Cousins at McDonalds
I think my favorite thing about summer is the Saturdays. Summer Saturdays give me so many fun ways to hang out with my favorite people.


Today the boys and I started out at Logan's farmer's market. Perrin and Connor did a craft, and I got some greens and some yummy cheese for our dinner salad. I learned a funny thing about myself...I am a sucker for handmade soap...I came home with way too many bars :o) I also learned that if a nice lady (who doesn't appear to be selling anything) offers your kids a pickle, smile and say "thanks" But under no circumstance should you drink her (free) mushroom tea. She will say it's not alcoholic, but trust me, she's crazy!


I always find it relaxing to wander around a farmer's market. The music and the artsy booths and eclectic people create an air of...oh I don't know..."green" is the word I want to use. Everyone there is trying to buy local and fresh. And so many of the booths are run by the kind of creative people who can make a living growing flowers or making pottery. How cool would it be to be able to do that???


After the market, we meet Jessica and her girls at Macey's for an event to raise money for our library. There were games and balloons and face painting. The whole reason we went was so P&C could meet Matthew Buckley (one of their fave authors) To tell the truth the whole point of getting out of bed this morning was the book signing. It was way too cool for them to meet the guy who wrote "Chicken's in the Headlights." (for more on that, read the last post)


We ended the afternoon at McDonald's for lunch. Please tell me why those frys are sooooo good? Why can't broccoli taste like that???

No comments: