Sunday, August 19, 2012

I have always loved visiting The Spiral Jetty. I have drug my fam out several times to spend the day wading the spiral and watching for birds. We always come home sunburned, salt encrusted, wind blown and content. My, far and away favorite trip to the Jetty was my trip out this summer with my boys, Becky, Clair and Liv.





The kids spent a surprising amount of time swimming. They floated in the super super salty water and splashed each other and had races. We had to drag them out of the water. :o)



Becky and I went for a walk, to explore the mysterious ruins to the north. (What the blank is all that stuff doing out there?) And we had a lovely picnic under the shade of the tailgate.

We drove home, in the late afternoon, uncomfortably crusty with salt, but I was happier than ever, that I got to share one of my favorite places in Utah with my "new" sister.

No comments: