Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Last night I tried to convince Shane the was should adopt a burro, based on these very well thought out, rational points:


  •  (I decided I needed a strong opening, so I went with my best reason for adopting a burro 1st) If we adopted a burro, he could live in the back yard, and we could name him HeeHaw. The joy HeeHaw gave us would FAR out weigh any difficulties that came of keeping him. And besides, he would love us so much, he would try to be the best burro ever. He would be no trouble at all.
  • The Bureau of Land Management has adoption events ALL THE TIME. That means there are more burros than good homes  HeeHaw NEEDS us.
  • The adoption fees for a burro are less then $200, making  HeeHaw a very economical pet.
  • Our backyard is covered in unwanted alfalfa and morning glory. HeeHaw would be a very eco-friendly way of disposing yard waste.  We're saving the earth AND we have the joy of having a burro in the backyard. How is there a down side here?

Sadly Shane doesn't love HeeHaw the way I do. He will not be coming to live in our backyard. But on a good note, in the wake on the "we should so totally adopt a burro" conversation I did manage to sneak in the idea of owning peacocks. 


If you could have a strange pet, what would it be?

No comments: