Monday, June 9, 2008

Summer School








I am officially the "meanest mom in the world!" I am making my kid do (gasp!) summer school. I tried to tell the boys they'd thank me when they get into a good college. But they aren't buying it. :o)
Our summer subjects are Reading, Math and Language Arts (which includes Grammar and Explode the Code) We are also going to send some time studying The Sermon on the Mount and Christ's visit to the Americas. All in all it only takes about 4 hours out of our day. By lunch we're free.
One thing Perrin and Connor are really enjoying this summer is piano. They are just getting to the point where they're adding the left hand to their songs. We just had a recital . They each played 4 songs and did very well.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Gosh, Jammie- The boys look so grown up! Very handsome!
I think summer school will be a great way to stay busy and cool this summer, especially with great topics, a fun teacher and only half day!
Love to all,
Kimberly

Jill said...

I am excited for your boys. They are going to grow into such good men. You are awesome! I love that they are learning the piano. I need to live closer to you not only for their motivation but for yours too!
Loves!

Gundersen Family said...

I am so pleased with Perrin and Connor's progress on the piano. They did an awesome job at the recital. They do look very handsome and grown up. Way to go, guys.
love,
your teacher and Grandma Gundersen