Monday, May 26, 2008

Surrendering to the mundane…

We had planned to strap on our new backpacks and spend most of this 4 day weekend hiking. But that was before pouring rain AND a broken Jeep got in the way. So we spent Memorial Day weekend doing something we rarely do…watching movies. I finally got to see “I am Legend” (thanks Laura) and the boys rented a Shrek video game that they had fun with. All in all it was pretty fun, even if I didn’t get to wear my hiking boots.
What did you all do this weekend?

4 comments:

Colleen said...

oh that is a bummer! I am always SO disappointed when my plans don't work out. we had a great weekend. Check out my blog for the updates!

Jeanie said...

What happened to your jeep?

My family went to Idaho for the weekend. Dustin and his brothers all have dirt bikes (they all haven't had them since they were kids) so they went riding Saturday morning before the rain poured on us in Idaho Falls. There were huge puddles everywhere!

Kimberly said...

Friday, Ray & I got on the CEO of Union Pacific's Railroad cars and traveled up over the Sierra Mountains to Sparks, Nevada. (Reno)
The ride was very beautiful and we saw lots of snow. We stayed overnight in the Nugget Resort and traveled home by car on Saturday. We were in lots of snow ( Hard to believe at the end of May in California!)and almost freezing weather. We had invited another couple to go with us, and it was nice to have them.
Mark came to church with us on Sunday and then we went to some friends for dinner. Stephanie and Jerrid joined us. Monday, Ray had to work, but we did cook out burgers, hotdogs and ribs with all the fixins for dinner. Fun Times!
Hugs to everybody!

Chrissy said...

Sorry about your rained out weekend. We had my mom out for the weekend and went to the Riverwalk. Lots of fun. We also bought a refrigerator for our new house. It's the first time we've bought one, so that was kind of interesting.